Friday, August 9, 2013

high volume copy machines Striving for the best News

Toradex Colibri is up and running
high volume copy machines

Image by Ramones Karaoke
Nope, I haven't written a line of software yet. But I have the Tegra SDK installed on top of the Ubuntu that's inside the VirtualBox that's on my Mac.

I did type - I typed 'make clean' then 'make', dragged the resulting directory (just to make sure I had the shaders and textures in place) onto the Colibri, and typed './bubble'

And hey presto, ./bubble is what I got.

Awesome. I have to say, thanks and well done to Kevin and his team, because there were no guarantees this would work on this platform, but it just does. And well done the Toradex Linux team, it just worked. Easy as pie.

Again, awesome.

Now I need to try the same on my TrimSlice.

But the joy of all this is, I can develop software for these glorious little machines from the comfort of my Mac, and that makes all the difference to me. Because I do hate being trapped on a Windows machine, particularly when my modelling package and Photoshop are on the Mac. One-stop shopping. Brilliant.

UPDATE - for those following or interested in the Raspberry Pi - I'm very interested in it, it's a wonderful thing to put naked computing, programmable hardware and Linux rather than a copy of MS Word into the hands of eager and smart children - this Toradex is approximately 7x the performance of the Raspberry Pi as a 'doing maths' computer. That's 2x 1 GHz Cortex A9 vs single 700MHz ARM11. Computationally, for those who speak iOS devices, about 1.5x iPad 2 vs about iPod Touch 2nd Gen. Big performance gap. Hence the price difference - Raspberry Pi for the 256M version, Toradex eu119 (down to eu89 in high volume), about 0 down to a volume price of 8. high volume copy machines






Striving for the best
GEA Procomac, headquartered near the northern Italian town of Parma, is a recognised leader in the production of aseptic PET bottle filling machines, as Barbara Rossi learns when speaking to the Director of Sales, Mr Flavio Salvadori. The range of GEA ... high volume copy machines
Read more on Packaging Europe



Show more:


No Products Found...yet?

This is no time to give up. We'll search high and low for anything you dream of owning. Just enter a search below



Compare Prices on Computers,
Electronics & More

No comments:

Post a Comment